Friday, July 8, 2011

Home

We are all safe and under one roof tonight. It's both good and difficult to be home. Our trip to Murdo was just the right amount of distraction and time away from everything, however, we really missed each other and are anxious to see Jonathan make it to his final resting place.

Walking in to our home, I am reminded of the fact that for over a month, I did nothing but lay on a couch, bed, or futon. Being as sick as I was, I didn't cook, clean, work, nothing! So, I'm jumping back in to life with mixed feelings. It's nice to be able to function again, but...

And it's not like I can ever forget that my womb is empty, but walking in to the house to hear a handful of messages from our "would have been" perinatologist (high-risk doctor), see my prenatal vitamins sitting on the kitchen counter across from a beautiful ultrasound picture on the fridge, the crackers by my bed ... all these things and more just continue to remind me of the sad reality that is ours.

Though the pain can sometimes seem unbearable, I want to thank those of you who have prayed. I can feel it. I really can. So thank you. And please don't stop! This will be a difficult weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the updates. Continuing to pray! You WILL get through this with God's help, and you're right -- you will never be the same again. But God will use the new you in special ways; you'll see! Love you, Auntie Jan

    ReplyDelete