Friday, July 22, 2011

Happy 2nd Birthday, Kyle!!

Two years ago today: 
At 7:08 am, we welcomed our son, Kyle, into the world. It was the best day of our lives. We thank God, now more than ever, for this beautiful gift. 

We've had a fun birthday week of visits with family from Chicago. My brother and sister-in-law were in town earlier this week.
Then GG came on a layover. And hopefully, if stand-by flights cooperate, we'll welcome Auntie Ray tomorrow! 

Kyle woke up today to fun decorations and a full presents table. Thank you, family!
Kyle loves his scooter from his Great Aunt Cindy. He's been practicing on one his friend has and was excited to have one for himself!
Kyle made the day fun. Just look at his enthusiasm. He opened every present by himself and loved playing with his new toys.

 Then Auntie Michelle and I took Kyle for a wagon ride to a neighborhood pancake spot for breakfast.
 
We sang to him and he blew out his candles at least 3 times. He kept saying, "More candles!"

Then Grandpa, Grammie and Auntie Michelle came over for dinner and birthday cake. This was my 3rd cake attempt. (Long story!) Actually, after giving up at midnight last night, my mom offered to help me out. She made the cake and frosting and gave me frosting pointers so I wouldn't ruin yet another one! I'm clearly not a cake designer and I doubt my kids will have the same tradition both Rudy and I had growing up with amazing cakes made by our mothers. What a lot of work! :)
Kyle wasn't critical though, and loved his "Rear Rear Firetruck!"
Kyle had a great day! Birthday #2 was so fun because he could anticipate his day (a few days out) and enjoy all the little and big things we did to make it fun. He was a sweetheart! We love you, Kyle!!

No comments:

Post a Comment