Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Kyle's world just got bigger.

On his one month "birthday" Kyle turned a few corners in his development and it has been so fun to watch this new world of his opening up before our very eyes. Grandma Gina was here to witness the change and took every opportunity to stimulate his new interests and abilities. Thanks GG, for how creative you were with all his face friends, the fan, the blinds, pictures of the family, books and his giraffe. Kyle has discovered all the many things around him and enjoys staring at anything and especially things with contrasting colors. If he's awake, he's looking around and learning to recognize his home. We noticed that he especially likes his room. There are lots of contrasting colors there, and he likes looking at the letters on the wall that spell out his name.

Another new thing is that he has just started reaching for things that catch his interest. One of his favorites is his giraffe friend.


Another change for Kyle has been an increased appetite and what seems to be a stronger digestive system. He no longer has terrible bouts of gas-induced screaming and fusses just a little when needing to expel something. He has been a "good baby" for 4 days now! Yes, we are counting!! :)

Thanks, Gina, for coming and for all your help around the house and with Kyle. It was really helpful to have her, not to mention great for Kyle and her to get to know each other. I finally got to use a gift certificate Rudy gave me for Valentine's day to go get a massage! It felt heavenly! Then, I finally got to get my hair cut. I'd been making appointments and having to cancel them due to last minute doctor's appointments for Shmu and then actually being in the hospital after delivering him. Gina also got some cleaning done for me and that makes me so happy! :) Best of all, there was always an extra set of arms to help out. Rudy enjoyed getting out to surf and do a nice, long bike ride. I enjoyed showering in peace and actually getting to blog/email with two hands! :)


We'll miss you, Gina, and look forward to the more frequent visits from you! Thanks for all you did!

2 comments:

  1. What a blessing! Isn't there some resemblance of Kyle to Gina in looks?

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK. I confess I need a Bloggers for Dummies lesson. I thought I was Jan Jaskilka when I posted before. Now I'm just Jan. You might know a hundred Jan's. Maybe I should be Auntie Jan (a privileged title) or AJ. Or maybe I should just sign the comment and not worry about it.... C'mon, Teacher, learn me a thing or two. BTW (see, I can learn new tricks), I love keeping up with your news through your blogsite. Love you! AJ

    ReplyDelete