Ever since we found out we were going to be parents we've mentally been adding to a long list of places we "can't wait" to take our child. I can honestly say that ever since I was a little kid going through San Diego's Zoo School for a week-long program during a few summers, I knew I'd be taking my kids someday. San Diego Zoo is just SO much fun. It is beautiful, huge, and well worth the visit. After spending a full day there today, we only covered a quarter of the place, so we have to go back and see more! ;) We've been waiting for Kyle to be old enough to really enjoy it and so for a long while now, we've been anxiously looking for an opportunity to do so. Our friends had some free quest passes to share with us, so after trying all summer to make a trip out, we finally got there today! Yay and thanks, friends!
Our little adventurers... all day long they'd find sticks, rocks and dirt. Oh, and occasionally try to get in the exhibits! No joke!
Kyle's favorite zoo animal and most anticipated "see" was "Gerald the Giraffe." He loves his Gerald so much, he thinks the word for the animal is "Gerald" instead of "giraffe." We've got to blame his Auntie Ray and Uncle Ben for that. They sent a stuffed giraffe and a book called, Giraffes Can't Dance, and ever since, Kyle's been hooked on his Gerald. So naturally, all giraffes must be called Gerald! ;) I think there were 5 of them, so Kyle certainly got his fill. They are so amazing to watch up close.

Look how they have to spread out just to drink water.
Another favorite of Kyle's was the Panda.

And sliding down rocks, too. Why not?
Pure fun had by all.


Finally, a childhood favorite... the train ride just outside the park. I have quite a few pictures of myself, Darc and Tiff, and Michael on this exact train. And then 8 years later, with my sister Michelle. LOVED taking Kyle.













No comments:
Post a Comment