Shmu says, "Good Morning, Mom! Happy Mom's Day!"
During K's nap, we ate a yummy bagel breakfast sandwich Ru went out and got us. It was so nice to not have to cook or wash dishes! Then, when the little guy woke up (29.5 minutes later!), he and I went on a wagon ride with Ru pulling us. Then, we opened cards and presents. Little Shmu got me one stem of daises, too! So cute. What is so remarkable about this picture, is that Kyle is actually laying down on me and not moving. These are very rare seconds I really love! :)
Kyle gave me another carnation at church. Of course, he was more interested in trying to eat the thing. Ru gave me this new dress and a top that I love! Good job, Ru!
Then, after a nap for Kyle and some down time for us, we went to eat at Strawberry Farms with my family. We love this place for the food, the fact that you can't see any civilization for miles and because Shmu has tons of grass, sticks, and sand traps to explore. We sat out on the patio and enjoyed a beautiful view. (Thanks Dad and Mom!)
Grandpa and Shmu

We had found this tricycle at a huge garage sale a couple of weeks ago. Kyle loves it. And yes, he's strapped in! He either holds on to the handle bars or claps the whole time.
Auntie Michelle
Grandpa love.
Didn't take long for Ru and Shmu to find the sand trap.
"Yay! I got to the top," Shmu says.
I was pretty proud of Ru for giving me a great 1st Mother's Day. Although, I did have to remind him that I was a mother, too, and therefore being celebrated with our mothers and grandmothers this year. :) He made up for the little slip, big time! We ended the day watching about 2 hours of video we'd taken of us preparing for Shmu by painting, setting up the crib and some conversations we'd had with the babe and then clips from the hospital and Kyle's birth. When the birthing part was all through, Ru said, "Whew, and we have to do that all over again??" Before I could comment on the dozen things I was thinking about his use of "we" in that statement, I stopped to remember that it had truly been a team effort and I couldn't have done it without him. I think he was unusually involved compared to what I've heard from others and I'm grateful for his participation and constant back and foot rubs that lasted about 11 hours without much of a break at all. Yeah, I guess it was hard on him, too. We both were just so physically and emotionally drained... but oh, so happy. And watching it wore us out in both ways, too. However, it was a good way to end the day.

Congrats on your 1st MAMA's day. Looks like a wonderful time for you guys.
ReplyDelete