Thursday, May 27, 2010

Lately

I've been kind of MIA in the blog world because I got my hands on the Twilight Saga and couldn't put the books down for a week. I'm kind of embarrassed to admit it - reading teen books and all, but I wanted to see what all the hype was. I have to say that I'm a fan and read every minute Kyle was sleeping. Nap time just wasn't long enough! I'm never not reading, but this was the second piece of fiction I'd picked up in a long, long time and I was in heaven!! I'm so sad to be done with all four books and back to other, less important things like job hunting. :) I just had a deal for a sweet summer gig fall through and I'm really bummed. So it's back to square one, I guess.

Now that Ru's out of school we are enjoying nights and weekends with him, again!! He finished last week and did well on all his exams. We're all glad another semester is behind us. He just finished the first week of his clinical internship - 5 more weeks to go. It's right across the street from the library Shmu and I go to, so just 5 minutes from home!! Woohoo! He gets to sleep in later, see his family during lunch and comes home way earlier than ever before, so it's a good situation all around. Not only does he like the PT instructor, but he really enjoys the facility, patients and other staff members. Really glad that it will be a good, positive learning experience for him. Speaking of which, in this first week he's already learned a ton and is growing in both experience and confidence. I can really see, especially after this school year, that he is ready to work with patients as their PT. I'm so proud. It's taken a lot of work and a lot of memorization, but he's really there! :)

In spite of some rough weeks and lack of sleep, Shmu continues to be the light of our lives. We were just commenting on how silly we are for thinking that Shmu's sidewalk chalk is "cute." Anything that's related to him is simply adorable to us. I'm just glad we both got the bug and are reacting to parenthood in the same way. It makes it a lot of fun, even if a bit ridiculous. Shmu got his first little cold last week and was keeping us (me) up every hour during the night. Last night was his first "good" night and I'm hoping we'll get back to better than good, soon. On the other hand, we may not get that far... it seems Kyle is in a hurry to get a full set of teeth and is working on 3 more coming in soon. We've had busy, fun and tiring days. Here are lots of random things we've been up to.

K enjoying his mini pool in his back yard.
His 1st time in the big pool with us!! He loved the water so much and didn't want to get out.
K loved playing with Dad. We can already tell the pool will be a favorite this summer. And check out that farmer's tan!
Shmu graduated from taking baths in his baby tub to the real thing. He stands up and cruises back and forth, smiling at me the whole time, making sure I'm noticing his amazing new skills, looking so proud of himself. He delights in knocking down anything that is on the ledges and thinks his new playground is so big and so cool. Now it is harder than ever to keep him still to get him soaped up before he's racing to the other end with a big grin on his face. Here he is, pondering all the bubbles.
Shmu still loves this tunnel his grandparents brought over a while back. We chase each other and play peek-a-boo. Of course, Dad takes it to another level. See Shmu in the background? He's like, "Yeah, Dad's playing with my toys again."

During a bike ride, we discovered a fun nature center in our Back Bay. The kids' section is so cool. Can't wait to take him to their events and learning times. There were animals, puzzles, books, puppets, learning centers, games and anything and everything related to the outdoors.
Shmu checking out the snakes!!
Daddy giving Shmu a puppet show.
Daddy got both his skateboards stolen from him! :( He recently found this longer than long board on Craig's List for $5. He built it back up from just the board and Shmu couldn't keep his hands off of it while it was in the house. It was used as a slide (before the grip tape was added) and Kyle even skated across our front room by himself, pushing with one knee on the board and the other on the floor. Unfortunately, we got our cameras out too late and don't have any proof. Then, for it's maiden voyage... Shmu wanted on, too. I was taking these pictures while filming video, so we're covered at least on this one. I tried not to cringe as I thought of my 10 month old riding above asphalt. I can really wait a few years before the serious injuries... please!!!


Kyle has been making friends. We went for a walk around a lake both K and I like. Here he is with Lukas. They both reached out for each other over and over again, holding hands during our walk. It was so sweet.
I love how peaceful and beautiful this place is. Shmu likes looking at all the ducks.
Kyle sharing his jeep with Miles, our neighbor friend.
And that about ends our photo album for the week! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment