Saturday, May 8, 2010

Mother's Day

Last year...
This year...
This picture was taken for a church slide show on Mother's Day, just like the one above. Rudy happened to snap one behind the camera guy and I'm so glad he did. Do you see Mr. Fish? And K's little smirk? It still shocks me to see that I have a son!! I have a SON?!?! Last year, I thought being pregnant kind of allowed me to sneak into the club. And it did, in a way. What a difference a year makes, though. Now I know that all the sacrifices I'd made were only the beginning. And... all the love I felt was really so small compared to what I now experience. This is by far the most amazing and challenging job I could ever have.

I'm in awe of the fact that with God's help, I brought life into this world. I mean, stop and ponder that for a second. It's so cool and so weird! It's also unbelievable that Kyle is half me and that I am responsible for the caring, nurturing, guiding, and disciplining of this small person who will one day grow to be a man. It's all too powerful and mind-boggling to even begin to comprehend let alone try and describe how it makes me feel.

Today, I am blessed beyond measure and I thank God for the beauty of His creation that has allowed me to be called Mom.

Here are just a few pictures from this last month of me and my Shmu.

Reading
Playing
Teaching
And lots and lots of cuddling.

Happy Mother's Day to my mommy friends. Happy Mother's day to our Mommies and Grandmas. We love you and thank you not only for who you are today, but for all the work you did and love you gave since day1. You are appreciated, believe me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment