Saturday, February 27, 2010

My Adventurers!

We woke up today to a torrential storm. Ok, putting exaggeration aside, it rained the strongest I've seen in the 6 years I've lived in this apartment. The strongest part lasted just minutes, but it was amazing!! California roads are not built to handle that kind of rain, so the floods and temporary rivers are up in full swing. This won't last long and before you know it everything will be back to normal. In fact, as I type this, the raining has already stopped. :(

Back to this morning... While I curl up in my bed and enjoy the rain for the sound it makes, my boys, not content to just listen but needing to be actually in the rain, inform me that they're going outside. They stand still long enough for a picture and out the door they go. Don't worry, they had an umbrella, didn't get wet and were back in no time. I was, however, tapping my foot while waiting for their return. When they did come back, Kyle explained his actions by simply saying, "We're adventurers, Mom!!"

And my heart continues to melt.

No comments:

Post a Comment