Monday, January 18, 2010

The time has come...






Kyle is officially ready for solids. Our pediatrician said we'd just know when the time was right and I'd have to be blind to not know we're there now. I'm kind of sad as I type this. We've noticed that Kyle has been interested in our food for a few months but over the last 3 to 4 weeks, he's been reaching for and trying to eat our food with increasing desire. We've slowly been getting him ready for this big step by placing him in his high chair, letting him hold Mommy's big blue cup, and hold a spoon up to his mouth. Today, I introduced an empty sippy cup and he loved it. He was trying to suck water out like he was born using it. He also tried to eat the imaginary food I was feeding him on a spoon. Then, while I was eating an apple, I put the apple up to his lips and tongue. I couldn't believe how much he wanted that apple. He followed me all around the room for it and tried to devour it. Of course, no pieces of the apple even got in his mouth, but he would have gnawed on it all day if he could have.

Kyle has his 6 month doctor's appointment this Friday and we'll wait to feed Kyle his first solids until then so Rudy can be home with us for the big event. While Rudy can't wait to be able to feed Kyle, I have mixed feelings. Is anyone surprised by this? :) However, as much as I'd like to delay this, today it became obvious that it will be a stretch to hold him back even until the weekend. And if it weren't for wanting to include Rudy, I'd start tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. It is a fun transition to solids especially when they show such interest in it but it is also bittersweet because it is one more step of your baby growing up. I understand the mixed feelings!

    Yes, if you can stop and see us in March that would be so cool!

    ReplyDelete