Friday, January 22, 2010

Happy 6 Months, Kyle!!

Kyle's a half a year old today! To celebrate, he decided to show mommy his first tooth!! We were waiting in the pediatrician's office when all of a sudden I saw something white in his mouth. I was shocked to find not just a budding tooth, but an actual white tooth! When I showed the pedi, she felt his gums and said he's cutting his second tooth as well. I was really surprised by this because I hadn't seen any of the usual signs: drooling, fussiness, biting, etc. The only way I could have known was that he's been extra cuddly and has had some different nursing habits for the past few weeks. I'll spare the details, but I'm glad to finally know what was causing those changes!

Among many things, I talked with our pediatrician about Kyle's sleeping habits. We've been taking some serious steps to getting him to soothe himself to sleep and are hoping to have that accomplished before our big trip to the midwest where we'll be out of Kyle's normal environment. A few milestones we've accomplished are: Kyle sleeps swaddle-free, he stays in his crib without any rocking or patting to put him to sleep, eats most of his meals during the day, and is working on sleeping through the night. And I do mean working on it... we've determined (and the pedi agreed) that we have a stubborn son! It figures... he takes after both his parents. The poor little guy has no other genes but to be stubborn! People say nice things like, that will make him a strong leader, he'll be assertive and strong, and yadda yadda yadda. Who knows? I'm just so thankful for his sweet personality throughout the day. I know he'll be a good kid. He's just got a little spunk in him... and we knew that a long time ago. :)

Some things that stand out at 6 months, are:
  • army crawling!!
  • starting solids and loving it!
  • crawling to us and wanting in our laps
  • tells us he wants to be held by crawling up to our legs and pulling
  • likes balls, mirrors and closing books
  • likes to find what's under the couch, crib, bed, or futon
Kyle's favorites:
  • Mr. Binks (used when napping or sleeping at night)
  • Mr. Face
  • Shapes book
  • Mr. Turtle
  • Being outside
  • Cameras, phones, and anything that lights up
  • Watching cars go by
Here are some Shmu pictures at 6 months. Why are they blurry, you ask? These are getting harder and harder to take. The kid wouldn't hold still and kept trying to either crawl to the camera or take the 6 month sign and eat it. It was a circus operation!



He was placed behind the sign and in one swift movement he was grabbing the camera.
A sneaky Shmu! What in the world is he thinking?

No comments:

Post a Comment