At my tutoring job today, I was making small talk with a mom, my student and a little girl who looked to be about 2 or 3. I asked the little girl what her name was. When she didn't answer, I asked my student. She said, "Oh, my mom takes care of her." I asked for her name again and my student, without a care in the world said, "I don't know." When I looked at the mother, she just said, "I don't know her name" and walked out of the room. I'm glad her back was to me, because it was awhile before I could close my wide-open mouth.
Seriously?? What mother in her right mind would drop her kid off at someones house who didn't even take the time to ask for her name? And what kind of care-giver doesn't want to know the name of a child? Who are these people? Now I know why my student is so disconnected to everything.
Unbelievable.

No comments:
Post a Comment