Monday, November 9, 2009

"I miss my dad!"

If he were able to talk, I think Kyle would say, "I miss my dad!" We've gone 3 days without really seeing Rudy. Once in a great while, he'll sneak out with a mask on to look up something online, but we normally speak using the baby monitor and I've sent Shmu pictures via cell phone. Ru says he hates not being able to hold his boy and the pictures help tie him over. It's pretty sad!

While Ru's been in quarantine, Shmu and I have been left to entertain ourselves. The last two days have held some more change and I'm amazed how just one day can make a difference in Kyle's growth. He is trying to sit up when placed in my lap by grabbing at my pant legs or anything around him to hold him up. He's also rolled from back to front and then front to back all in a row.
Then, he laughed! HE LAUGHED!!! It was the most adorable sound ever! After getting two or three big laughs, I grabbed my camera and got a few more recorded. Unfortunately, Kyle finally noticed the camera and was more interested in it than in my oh so funny antics. It's humbling to make such a fool of myself for you all to see, but well worth the reward of getting a laugh. Please excuse my annoying, repetitive voice and enjoy the subject ...

2 comments:

  1. Boy, did that sound bring back memories of you kids laughing! The sound is the very same! We have a cassette tape to prove it!

    Kyle changes every day! Bet the rolling over (and back again) got put into the baby book. How fun! These are darling pictures--and his "missing dad" picture is so heart-wrenching! Poor thing!

    Kyle's mama is being a good nurse, and caring for hubby as best as possible! Your system sounds great. Hope you won't need it much longer.

    Love you all so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh such sweet sounds to a grandma's ears. Thank you so much for all of the love and attention you pour into my beautiful little grandson. My heart is so blessed to know he is so loved and cared for. May God continue to richly bless you all. XOXO GG

    ReplyDelete