Friday, November 6, 2009

A gloomy forecast

I don't want to make grandmas worried, but we could use your prayers... Rudy came home sick with a fever, cough and body aches. He's been quarantined all day long in the bedroom but I think Shmu is already fighting it. I've been running from the bedroom to the nursery all afternoon and evening taking care of the two and I don't feel too well myself. Thankfully (for me), my sister is here and has helped me a great deal. I feel so badly that she seems to always see Kyle at his worst! :(

Rudy's closest friend at school was sick this week and now half of Ru's PT class has it. Isn't it wonderful that we were there on Monday for Kyle's show and tell? The good news is that it went away for his friend within a week. The bad news is that now my second half is out of commission and I've got to deal with a really unhappy baby all by myself. Kyle is so not his usual self. His cries are completely different and say DISCOMFORT loud and clear. Everything he usually loves isn't working and I'm bracing myself for a very long, frustrating night. He's finally asleep in his swing with Mr. Vacuum friend going full blast. The full "arsenal" as Rudy calls it, of tricks we use to get him down, just aren't working right now, so I could use your prayers for patience, especially as I go at it alone for who knows how long.

It's one thing to be sick and miserable yourself. I've just learned that having a baby and being sick is something to (attempt to) avoid at all cost!!

2 comments:

  1. How are things today? There are times when moms can't be sick, even if they are! I feel for you. Love and prayers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GOD BE WITH YOU ALL. DON'T HESITATE TO SEEK CARE. PRAYING EARNESTLY. XOXO GG

    ReplyDelete