Sunday, November 15, 2009

Momma survived...

...sending Kyle to the church nursery for the 1st time!! I'm not gonna lie, it was traumatic for me. I'd been delaying the inevitable for so long but finally came to the conclusion that at almost 4 months old, the boy was ready and I was as ready as I'd ever be! Of course when it came down to it, he did just fine. He didn't know what was going on. The only one with issues was me. Surprisingly, I was able to enjoy our Sunday school class but as soon as we said "Amen," I was bolting for the door. Ru jokingly tried to stop me and hold me back, but I could tell he was as eager as I to go pick up our Shmu. Here I am passing the little man off to a very trusted friend. All the ladies in the nursery were smiling and laughing at me, saying I'd better make such a fuss over baby #2, etc. I don't know what that will be like, but these "firsts" I'm experiencing are something else. Don't even talk to me about Kyle's first day of kindergarten.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Mommy! Glad Kyle did great in the nursery. We tried Micah on Sunday and he screamed the whole time. Guess some little boy is really stuck on his Mommy! It is hard to let them go and grow up.

    ReplyDelete