Thursday, November 12, 2009

Still no dad...

It's been 7 days. SEVEN days without a family for Rudy, a husband for Mindy and a dad for Kyle. Thankfully Rudy is almost completely better and will be around us later today. We've missed him. For "fun," we're going to run errands together later this afternoon. Woohoo! Sadly, doing anything together sounds like fun at this point and the idea of having help at the grocery store is exciting to me. At the risk of sounding like I'm complaining... I'm more than ready to have Rudy back in our lives. It's been pretty challenging on the emotions and nerves to be the only person taking care of Kyle day and night for the past week. Even being the good baby he is, the constancy of his needs has been draining. He hasn't been napping too long and when he does, I need to do a host of things around the house, so the days are busy ones and the nights are a hit and miss. I've been sleeping in Kyle's room on the futon and therefore hear every noise he makes. I've learned that if I don't take the time to get a good burp out of him, I'll be listening to him squirm and grunt until the next feeding. So, I could always use just a little more sleep! Ah, I remember the days...

It's tough. I know I've said it before, but I think of all the single parents out there and my admiration grows. Maybe I'm given this "opportunity" to gain more empathy for someone I can be a friend to in the future. I don't know. But I do know that it wears on me and I could use a break! So thankfully, God promises to not give us any more than we can handle and when I've just about had it, Rudy's almost back!! Yeah!!!

And just in case you've forgotten (in a matter of days) what Kyle looks like ... more pictures! :) Here's Shmu listening to dad's voice on the phone. He stared at the phone trying to make sense of how and why the voice was coming out of the thing.


We are still amazed at how transfixed Kyle is with his face friend. When will he outgrow this thing? He shifted his gaze from Mr. Giraffe to Mr. Friend back and forth, back and forth.


Yesterday, we got out of the house to go help a friend. While mommy was busy cleaning, Shmu enjoyed this jumper thingy for quite a while. Since he prefers to stand, it's no wonder he loved it! I'm on the hunt for someone to loan us one. When I first saw him in it, I almost cried. He looks like such a big boy. Not at all my little newborn. :)




Oh, Shmu. I love you. Daddy's almost here...

No comments:

Post a Comment