Friday, November 13, 2009

Anything for Shmu.

Next month, I will have been married to Rudy for 6 years! In those 6 years, I have been allowed to turn on the heater about once a year. We have this thing where I'm always cold during winter nights and he's always too warm. As a matter of fact, I saw Rudy in pants for the first time this year while we were in Chicago. So, it's not uncommon to find me curled up in a blanket, sweater, warm socks and maybe even a beanie while Ru wears shorts and a t-shirt. Sometimes I try and sneak the heater, but the darn thing makes a clicking noise when it starts up and Rudy always hears it and promplty tells me to turn it off and put more clothes on or wear a jacket. A jacket, he tells me! It's a running joke around here, because every once in a while, Ru'll be distracted with something and won't notice the heat for a minute or two. But before long, he feels the heat and I'm back to square one.

To be fair, "cold" around here, to me, means in the upper 50's to lower 60's. It's not like he's letting me freeze or anything. But still, for those few nights of "winter," I enjoy my heater.

Now, this morning, Ru went to go see Shmu and told me Shmu's hands were cold. Oh, no! His hands are cold! What did Rudy do? Did he put more clothes on him? Wrap him in a blanket? No. He ran for the heater! Rudy turned the heater on??? That's like Santa actually coming down our non-existent chimney. When I looked at him as if he was crazy, he repeated, "Shmu's hands are cold!" As if that explained everything.

Shmu, your daddy will do anything for you! I think it might be a different winter around here. :)

1 comment:

  1. Hahahahaha! That's funny! Nice job telling the story. ;)

    ReplyDelete