Thursday, September 24, 2009

Momma's Birthday!

I had such a great birthday! I was so happy that Rudy had the day off from school and we had the whole day to do whatever we wanted to do! It was also really memorable, because it was my first birthday with my son. Kyle had a really good day and was a champ wherever we took him. Thanks to everyone who called. Your thoughts, texts and calls really made me feel special and loved. Thank you!!

We started our day on our bed. All three of us hung out for a while and then opened a few presents. I love doing that. (It reminds me of Christmas and opening my stocking on my parents' bed.) Thank you, Esther and Gina, for your thoughtful and fun gifts! I also got a note from Kyle. :) Just looking at it made me cry, thinking about when he really will hold a pencil or crayon to write me notes or draw me pictures. So stinkin cute!

We then went to my new favorite breakfast place in town called Alta. It was perfect. The food, coffee drinks, and atmosphere are exactly what I like and I hadn't been there since the day Kyle was born.



After breakfast, we walked along the beach and let Kyle feel the water for the first time. I'm pretty sure he didn't like it, but we're confident he will someday soon! :)




Then, to beat the heat, we went to the mall to do some window shopping. We ate a late lunch at home before my sister came to pick me up and take me to a movie. It was really fun to just hang out with my sis and let the boys take a nap at home. We realized that the last movie Michelle and I had been to together was Beauty and the Beast! We decided that was pathetic, and I hope we go a bit more often! Right after the movie was over, we met up with Rudy, Kyle and my parents to eat at my favorite dinner restaurant, PF Chang's. Thanks, mom and dad, for a great dinner and a great time being together. Kyle slept through most of it and woke up pretty happy and curious. Lots of lights for him to stare at.

Now at home, I'm staring at my beautiful boy and am thankful for what this past year has brought us. My life is far from perfect and I could find a dozen things I wish I could change. But in spite of life's inevitable difficulties, I am filled with an intense joy. I am so in love with my family. My husband and my son are so precious to me and I thank God every day for giving me the chance to know and feel the blessing of being a wife and a mother.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah for birthdays, beautiful baby boys, beds, breakfast, beaches, blessings, blessings, so many blessings. Happy Bithday Mindy, You're a precious blessing to God's creation, and to my own heart. May God continue to let the riches of his blessings overflow into every nook and cranny of your being, of your life, of your family. You are an amazing woman and from far away in Illinois, I celebrate YOU today! XOXO GG

    ReplyDelete