Well, yesterday Rudy suggested we take Shmu out for a walk in the stroller. I have yet to do this with Shmu (so far, I've only walked while wearing him in a wrap) because he hates his stroller, or rather the carseat that attaches to it. However, because Rudy was going with us, I felt much more optimistic about the whole thing. We weren't out for more than a minute before Rudy was slaloming Kyle up and down, left and right, and all over the place. There were a few skids, drifts, and wheelies, too. I had to chuckle because there was mom, walking in a straight line with dad up ahead doing anything but going straight. And the best part... Kyle was only happy when daddy entertained him so. The minute Ru started walking in a straight line (to actually walk with his wife) Kyle would start crying. Watching Kyle's arms moving all around reminded me of how it felt to carry him in my womb. His hands and fingers were constantly moving and tickling me. His feet were constantly kicking, too. It totally makes sense that he's rolling over, climbing up my chest and standing whenever given the chance to do so. He's already just like his father and I love it! :)
Friday, September 11, 2009
Like Father Like Son
One of my students' favorite "Rudy stories" is about our bike rides around the neighborhood and on local bike trails. I tell them about how I like to ride my bike in a straight line and that that is enough adventure for me. Rudy, however, tries to liven things up by doing anything but going straight. He slaloms right and left, up hills and down, skids on the dirt, etc. Our "romantic" strolls through town aren't ever quite what I imagine them to be, because I'm usually left somewhere in the dust watching Rudy do his thing. I don't mind though, because he usually gives me something to smile and chuckle about. Watching him, I've always imagined our "future" son and what he'd be like.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment