Monday, August 26, 2013

A Date with my Man

My sister mentioned she'd like to earn some extra money for something and after the last few weeks we've had, I was only too happy to help her out and take my man out for a date! We decided to go cycling around the Back Bay and then out for a kayak trip in the harbor. We only had 3-4 hours, so we got absolutely everything prepared ahead of time, and by 3pm we were ready to go, baby! You should have seen us, you'd have thought we were a couple of kids we were so excited!! It was amazing to do some of our favorite things together, without kids! Freedom!!!!!

Before kids, the neighbors called us "the bike people" because we rode a lot. A LOT. After kids, well, not as often, fast, or far. So with total glee, we took off at an aggressive pace and rode just over 12 miles. It felt great!!
The bridge at the far end of the picture, that divides the bay and the harbor, is where we cross and head back inland.
After a nice, sweaty ride, we showered and grabbed our lunch bag and hopped in the car to go to Rudy's fishing spot by that bridge. We paddled out and toasted to the second phase of our date: relaxation!! Ru set up his fishing gear and I broke open one of my favorite magazines. Bliss.
Ru wasn't having much luck but when he finally got a bite, he graciously passed the pole over to me to start reeling it in. I did, but then thought of the half eaten bite I had in my hand and didn't want it to get wet/fishy, so I ate it. Sadly, that second of pause gave the fish time to get away...and we lost it! A Duffy full of people passing by noticed and a lady yelled out, "Honey, you can't fish and eat at the same time!!"  Man!! Fortunately, just before we called it a day, Ru brought up this little guy! :)
After such a fun day, Ru and I decided that we need to make this a regular thing. Maybe just a couple of times a month, but it needs to happen! It was SO fun to work out/play and relax with my man! Novel idea, right?!

1 comment:

  1. Oh how fun...good for you on getting away! It is so important as a couple and it always gets put on the back burner. I know we haven't done it in ages.

    ReplyDelete