Monday, May 2, 2011

May Madness!!

This month brings a ton of excitement and a ton of madness. But lets talk about the positive first! :) In two weeks, I'll be done with my homeschooling job and by the end of May, I'll be done with the P.E. job as well. I am so excited to have the time off!

Then, the biggest, best news ever... drum roll... RUDY IS GRADUATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wooo hooo!!! May 25th. What a beautiful day that will be! ;) We've been waiting to say these words for the past 7.5 years. Talk about determination, commitment, and sacrifice! There were many times when this road seemed too long and that we'd never get here. I mean, did you read it?... SEVEN AND A HALF YEARS post graduate!!!!!!!! That's eleven and a half years of college! Eeek!! We're so thankful he will walk with all his classmates, even though he will have to complete an extra class later on. It's a nice sight on the calendar, that's for sure!

The madness part of this month is due to what our (especially Rudy's) lives will be like from today, May 2nd to May 25th. In order to get to that wonderful day, we've got 3.5 weeks of total devotion to the cause: hours and hours of studying, writing, and reviewing for numerous tests, projects, and practical exams. And by this, I mean no exaggeration. Even on Rudy's birthday, he studied most of the day. This guy studies. And he studies. I've never seen someone study so much. He's such a hard worker. You wouldn't believe the detail or intricacy of the material (our bodies) he needs to know. He lost me at day one of the very first semester! ;)

We all take a hit when Ru goes through times like these, so we are anxious to see it over! So please hurry, May 25th!! We want to celebrate!Until then, we thank God for the joy our little boy brings. Even in the midst of stressful times, his little antics make us smile and remind us of what really matters. Here he is, once again, finding his Papa (hiding behind a closed door to get some studying done before dinner). He notices everything and immediately wanted a pillow to lay "like Papa" and study with him. Rudy called for me to come and snap a picture. The joy this boy brings... I mean, just look at him! ;)

And I know I said I wouldn't post a picture of my boy in his underwear, but this one doesn't really count. He's got some clothes on and is facing down. I'll let it pass.

1 comment:

  1. That is adorable and it reminded me seeing those big boy underwear that Kyle is potty trained? What? How did you get him to do it so earily? I wish we were there but alas no interest. Jack will say Poopu goes in the potty and get candy when poop in the potty but he won't do it. Ahh!

    ReplyDelete