Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day, 2011

I wrote my own personal message to Kyle in a journal I'm keeping just for him, but when your heart is so overwhelmingly full you can't let the day pass without saying at least something to the Internet!

So I just wanted to say that I feel like the luckiest girl in the world to be Kyle's mom. I can't get enough of him. And I can't stop thanking God for him. Can't imagine life without him, either. What does Mother's Day mean to me, as a mother? It's a huge celebration taking place in my heart. And I'm pretty sure the festivities last all year long! ;)

Some favorite moments of the day...
1. Having Kyle in church with us for the worship time. When he saw our picture on the slideshow of mothers and kids, he clapped and said, "Mommyyy!!!!" Then he kept asking for "more" of Mommy and Kyle on the big screens. Btw, that picture of us is seriously my favorite! We were given two hard copies that we tried to scan and post here, but our computer was having none of it. In any case, I'll treasure these Mother's Day pictures we get. So far I have three: one pregnant, last year's and this year's. With Rudy's help the photographer always gets the greatest smiles from Kyle.
2. Picking up Kyle from his class and having him give me a finger painted picture of a flower he made. I'm all giddy because I have a little one making me something. It's proudly presented on our kitchen wall and Kyle notices it and runs up to give me a kiss whenever he sees it! Have I mentioned that he's a little love-bug?
3. During Kyle's nap I grabbed some coffee and took a novel and a chair to the beach! It was a piece of heaven! :) The problem with starting one of those, is that now I can't put it down!!
4. My family came down for some yummy BBQ! Thanks for making the drive so we wouldn't have to! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment