Monday, February 23, 2009

Guacamole anyone?

That's cause this week baby Shmu has grown to be the size of an avocado! 
This week, tiny bones are forming in the inner ears and Shmu will be able to hear his/her mommy's voice!!!! :) Eybrows, lashes and hair are starting to fill in. It's amazing to start thinking about what features our child will have and what parts will look like daddy and what parts will be like mommy! Even more amazing (and tempting) is that we could now find out Shmu's gender. We have decided, however, that we'll wait to be surprised in the end. I know it will be a very special moment for Rudy and I, and we're really looking forward to it! My only wish would be to have a photographer there for the delivery... to capture those special moments of first meeting one another! Are you interested Randy? :) 

And besides the main attraction, here's mom at 4 months: 


See the baby?? :) Granted, this is taken at night and I'd just eaten. I tend to look a lot "fuller" in the belly at night. By morning, there's not that much to get excited about. Nevertheless, there it is at four months. I have my next doctor's appointment this Friday and I'm really looking forward to it! It's especially nice because for once I'll be going while feeling well!!!!  I'd forgotten to post about that. It has taken the last three weeks to simmer down, and the nausea is still there in the evenings, but I finally feel (mostly) better!!!!! Yeah!!!!!! Rudy and I celebrated the fact that we'd made it through! Honestly, it was such an accomplishment for both of us! :)

3 comments:

  1. How beautiful you are! Both of you! And you, too, Ru!

    So glad you're less of a dragon, now, my little grand-shmu! Now practice giving BIG kicks so your mama and daddy can feel you. :-)

    I bought a new book this week with you in mind. I can hardly wait to read it to you, now that you can hear!

    Love you,
    Mindy's mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mindy, you're so darned cute, and what a smile! So glad you're finally able to feel normal most of the day. I'm so proud of you both for being such a winning team through those very tough dragon-months.God certainly has given you an amazing view into parenting already and the team effort it will take to make it through the adventurous times ahead. I was thinking about you today little Shmu and getting excited about your entry into this world and into my life. You've already made it into my heart and I love you so much! I'm so excited to be your grandma:)XOXO GG

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I can totally see that bump! So cute!! How was your appointment today?

    ReplyDelete