Never have I been so excited to say good-bye to something! :) Hopefully this new trimester will be as wonderful as everyone claims and soon I'll be feeling more myself again. I've had a few more tolerable days lately, so Rudy and I are hoping we're starting a new trend. Of course every time I say this, I end up eating my words the next day!
Our doctor's appt. went well and I got to hear baby Shmu's heartbeat at a beautiful 170 bpm. It took the nurse quite some time to find it and I was getting pretty anxious. No ultrasound and I'm sure not another one until sometime between my 16th and 20th week appt. That will be our next and last look at our baby before his/her grand entrance. For now we're lookin' at a peach...
This week Shmu's teeth and vocal chords are forming! Baby is approaching normal proportions, with a head now one third the size of the body. Speaking of which, crown to rump, our Shmu is about 3 inches long! It's still hard to believe there's a living being inside me. And... speaking of that... here's my 3 month "bump" pic. My students and I all agree we can see a difference. We noticed it the morning before this picture, when there was just something there that wasn't there before! Although most of you will say I'm crazy, I still had to post a pic after three months. It's also the first time I was well enough and had the energy to blow dry my hair for school in about two months! I've been wearing long sleeves, not because it's cold, mind you, but because they cover the sea bands I've been wearing on my wrists in my attempt to feel less nauseous. Who knows if they really work or not!

Well, Little Shmu, I heard a little person frequently and loudly yesterday during the Super Bowl who had already developed vocal chords. His parents seemed used to the sound, but your grampa would have taken him outside and convinced him that "no fussing" was the preferred behavior of the hour!
ReplyDeleteOn a positive note :-), your voice will be one of those precious sounds that we will love hearing. I'm told that we will be able to pick out your voice from among many others--your voice will be distinctly yours and recognizable as such. It reminds me of our Shepherd, Whose voice we know, and Who knows us just as "the Father knows Me, and I know the Father . . . " (John 10:15)
Praying for "good vibrations," your own special pipes . . .
Mindy's mama