First up, get a tree! We usually enjoy going to an outdoor farm and cutting our tree down ourselves, but this year, since I was a a bit laid up, we went very local and brought home a little beauty. While shopping, we enjoyed some hot chocolate. The boys love the idea of hot chocolate more than the drink itself, but it was fun to hold nevertheless. :)
We brought our car around for the actual pick up of the tree. I loved watching Gavin's expressions as he waited to catch his first glimpse of our tree. The boys were just SO excited about the tree.
Straining to see it...
The boys couldn't take their eyes off either our tree or the neighbor's light/sound display.
Each day leading up to Christmas, the boys would race through the door to open up another Christmas book. This has been our form of advent for the past 2 or 3 years and while I change out a few of the books depending on their interest, most are just the classics they enjoy re-opening once a year.
Even Murdo joined in on the Christmas spirit...he loved playing with the nativity set and each time we'd set the figures back up he'd knock them down before we knew it.
Totally safe, these wooden figures provided this guy with hours and hours of entertainment.
Kyle's performance and speaking part (below). Gavin and I got to go to the dress rehearsal the day before.Gavie loved watching his big brother and singing along with all the Christmas songs.
Gavin's party happened to be during my lunch break, so I was happy to pop in and see Gavin enjoying all the fun going on in his classroom.
The boys and I enjoyed baking. Here we are making our gingerbread men.
The best part was decorating and making sure the gingerbread men didn't escape via even the slightest crack in windows or doors. Whew...good thing, none escaped.We made a good dozen and enjoyed sharing them with our family on Christmas.
A few new things have occurred this month, too. Gavin's been doing very well with his phonemic awareness and could blend any group of letter sounds together, but we hadn't really given him the opportunity to read books on his own until one night he surprised us by reading the whole book, himself! He was so proud and of course, Kyle was glowing with pride, too.

I'll end this post with how we enjoy our evenings when Daddy comes home early enough to see the boys before bed. Nothing like a nice, calming down activity to read them for bed, eh? :) They LOVE riding on "the maker" and it's way better riding on the floors at the new house. Easier on dad, too.
Christmas post coming up next! I'm on a roll, folks!
















No comments:
Post a Comment