Kyle found his friend, Curtis.
And Gavin found his closest friend, Linden. These two were inseparable, jumping up and down with glee that the other was there.
I spy an adorable, little boy...
Over the course of the past two months, we have worked non-stop on projects. Anyone surprised? Rudy would say "we" is a loose term. Projects are mostly being done by Rudy. But while he works around the clock, I consider myself a part of the operation by holding down the fort and all things children and domestic. There are a few projects that I've handled and one of them is the outdoor landscaping. We aren't budgeting right now for serious work out there, yet, but I did transplant and buy some plants to clean the front area up, as well as other spots in the yard.
This is what the planter looked like before, when we bought it. The palm in the center was in need of a haircut and I just really couldn't get on board with these rocks. The boys and their friends would help me off and on, but it took me a few weeks of collecting to get em all. Tedious work, I tell you. I couldn't believe how many rocks there were! I listed them for free online and watched them disappear.
Here's what I was working with, without the rocks and a trim to the palm. We tried to birth the baby palms that were growing around the momma in the middle, but alas, they all died, and frankly, 3 big palms in there were enough.
Here's a shot of it now. It doesn't look like much, but as the plants grow, I'm confident it will look better. Those bigger flowering-looking succulents get huge over time, so I transplanted 3 from the backyard and I'm looking forward to when they fill the space out a bit more. I added some succulents that will spread and cover the dirt as well as some flowering succulents intermixed with some perennials.

A few more quick shots of our favorite places in the front yard...
The boys' favorite spot...the tire swing! I had a flat tire last year, and in anticipation of buying a home with a yard, I convinced the mechanic to let me keep the tire. When we saw this tree, I just knew the tire had to go there. Also, our gardeners took out a huge palm that blocked the entire window you see there...we planted it in the backyard and it's looking so good. Loving the unobstructed view from the living room looking out and all the added light that comes in to the house as well.
- I interrupt this programming for a little Martin silliness! -
Back to another house project... Rudy worked hard to replace and reinforce any wooden beam or board that needed attention. The result? This thing isn't going anywhere and the imaginative play that occurs here every day continues... :)The wood has since been treated. One of the most often uses of this structure is their "America Ninja Warrior" platform/obstacle course.
But really, their imagination is endless and one of the things I love, LOVE, about having bought this house, is watching all the new ways they play outside.
Family from Illinois came to visit their kids (GG's cousins) and since they live only 30+ minutes away, we all got together for some yummy Italian food and just all around good, fun company. We really love their visits!
Cousin David and Aunt Carol (and their spouses!)
Each weekend, we work...but we also play... :) Daddy's cut palm fronds became hut material. Kyle built this all by himself. Also in the pic, is Gavin playing in his favorite dirt spot behind the hut.
:) :) :)
Then, a mud bath... because, why not?!
I think that's all the photos I have for November. We ended the month with a week off from school during the Thanksgiving break. I had surgery. And my aunt and uncle came to stay with us and help out! It turned out to be a great time of togetherness and a simple, but nice Thanksgiving dinner at home. Many thanks to my Auntie Jan, for her intuition and care for me, the boys, and all the needs of the home. What a difference she made. Also appreciate all the love and fun my Uncle Mike brought for the boys. We ended November extremely grateful. :)














No comments:
Post a Comment