So my camera battery died shortly after we arrived at Kyle's preschool's "Meet the Teacher" event today. I know, I know, what kind of a mother am I?! ;) Still, I couldn't resist posting this adorable (if I may say!) picture of Kyle just before he gave his teacher some roses he had picked out.
Being a teacher has some advantages, as I know that any token of appreciation goes a long way to building a positive relationship with his teacher. Some may call it "brown-nosing" but I prefer to think of it as simply making a positive impression and showing his teacher we are thinking of her! In other words, you hope your child stands out for (only!) positive reasons.
Kyle was adorable when I suggested the idea. He was super excited (I've got a little gentleman in the making!) and immediately thought of the Mercer Mayer book where the Little Critter brought a bouquet of flowers for his teacher and then accidentally left it on the bus! Kyle giggled with me and said that he wouldn't be leaving his on the bus! :)
He was cute and sweet and made me proud. We can't wait for his first day on Monday!! :)
Being a teacher has some advantages, as I know that any token of appreciation goes a long way to building a positive relationship with his teacher. Some may call it "brown-nosing" but I prefer to think of it as simply making a positive impression and showing his teacher we are thinking of her! In other words, you hope your child stands out for (only!) positive reasons.
Kyle was adorable when I suggested the idea. He was super excited (I've got a little gentleman in the making!) and immediately thought of the Mercer Mayer book where the Little Critter brought a bouquet of flowers for his teacher and then accidentally left it on the bus! Kyle giggled with me and said that he wouldn't be leaving his on the bus! :)



What a cutie! I bet his teacher loved them. I found a cute saying, "I'm going to be one smart cookie with you as my teacher" and we made chocolate chip cookies. I love finding cute ideas to give to teachers.
ReplyDeleteLove it! Who doesn't love home-made chocolate chip cookies!! I'm going to steal that idea for next year! :)
Delete