I had a moment today where I felt totally, completely outnumbered in this house! :) I say this with a big smile because, as you know, I love having boys. For the most part, I've learned the lingo (body language, grunts, etc.), can be ready to go in a moments notice (boys do not wait for Mommy to get ready!), and enjoy doing the things they like to do, usually outside. There is one thing, however, that I just can't do without getting myself hurt: wrestling! I therefore have to leave the rough and tough play for Rudy cause man do my kids have hard heads that somehow always find my jaw, eye, or nose! It's amazing how much they can take (and enjoy!) without ever shedding a tear. So as soon as I hear growling noises and see Kyle and Rudy crouching down, I gladly get out of the way!
Lately, Gavin has been getting involved and it's in those moments when I have 3 squealing/grunting/rough-housing boys that I'm aware of the fact that I'm outnumbered! :) I snapped a few pictures today but didn't have much luck keeping my moving subjects in focus.
Exhibit A:

Gav thinks this is so much fun!
And Kyle loves it, too.All silliness aside, I loved this tender moment between father and son.
I guess this is one of the many reasons my boys need their father. And what a good father he is!




I am right there with you friend! I love my house of boys and we get into the wrestling matches almost every night. I gladly watch from the couch. =) Love letting boys be boys!
ReplyDelete