Thursday, April 25, 2013

Preschool Shopping

I can't believe we've reached the time when Kyle will (soon) go to preschool! Just calling to make an appointment to tour one of the local preschools brought mixed feelings of excitement and disbelief. I am sentimental anyway, but since becoming a mom it's gotten worse grown so much!

You may remember me blogging about how I found a preschool for Kyle back when he was just a year or so old. I know it was way early to have been thinking about it, but I set foot on this particular campus and just knew I wanted to send him there. Well, when considering working another year in my job-share position, I knew the flexibility to take Kyle to school on the days I didn't work would be best, and unfortunately, my ideal school for Kyle runs on a set schedule (M,W,F or T,TH) that conflicts with mine. :(

So, following the recommendation of several other friends of mine, I checked out another local campus. Unfortunately, though the schedule flexibility would be perfect, I was not impressed. So not impressed, I just can't even consider sending him there!! Yikes! We left that site and went directly over to the place we'd been to years ago. And once again, just setting foot on the campus made me realize that I have to solve the scheduling issue, some way some how, and send him there!! I'm in love with everything I see in the classrooms and I'd love to be a student there, myself!  (I do have one minor issue with the place, but hey, can anything be absolutely perfect!? :) Though I am feeling sentimental about him getting so big, I am SO STINKIN' EXCITED for him to go there!!!!!!!!!!!!! Like, I can hardly contain myself, can't wait for September, can't wait to watch him in his room, think every penny is worth it, so excited to be a parent volunteer, when's summer going to end?....!!! :)

(sigh!) So, today, we dropped off Kyle's enrollment papers and he's officially registered for preschool!!! Where on earth has the time gone? 

No comments:

Post a Comment