Saturday, April 20, 2013

Stickers for a Train Ride

Because Kyle's 3rd year has been challenging for us, we've had to use some positive behavior reinforcements in our discipline plan. Since a sticker chart worked to (finally!) get Kyle sleeping through the night (yes, at age 3!), we decided to try out another chart to encourage positive behavior. Thankfully, it has helped. All Kyle wanted was to ride the train! He even wanted to go to the farthest depot just so he could stay on the train longer.Weekend rates for the Metrolink are fantastic and even allow you to hop from place to place however many times you'd like all weekend long. Well worth the few dollars... and we enjoyed a family outing in the process!

Here's Kyle proudly showing his chart just before we hopped on the southbound train. 
 We're suckers for anything our kids enjoy, aren't we?! :)
San Clemente!!
Watching the surfers right below us. Such a beautiful, hot (summer!!!) day.
Auntie was down in the exact same spot waiting to photograph her friend get engaged! Bonus!
 Kyle's blue ice-cream.
I caught a quick picture of my sister's friends who got off the train here so he could propose!! I secretly followed them to "the spot!" Okay, and I got all teary just watching them!! :)
 Kyle was so excited to leave...just to be able to get back on that train!!
That is, until we had to get off the train and say good-bye.
Leaving the station, Kyle said,"Bye train! I hope you can come back when I get all my stickers again!" :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment