Thursday, May 31, 2012

Thank you, Mimi!!

A week ago Friday, I finished my last day with students! It's officially summer and I'm thrilled with the time off! As I reflect on the past two years of work,  I am reminded of how good God is and how he provided for our family with just the perfect position for me. I prayed for just enough work to keep us afloat while still being able to stay home as much as possible with my son. And lo and behold, the perfect arrangement just happened to pop up! And I couldn't have asked for better care for my son, than to be with his Grammie. Last  year, both Grammie and Auntie Michelle watched him and this year, Grammie watched him one or two days a week, depending on the semester and Ru's schedule. 

Not only did having my mother watch him give me such a peace of mind when I had to work, but I knew he was so happy and getting quite an education, too!. (My mom is a retired Kindergarten/1st and 2nd grade teacher.) Who needs preschool when you've got a Mimi!! :) Kyle looked forward to going to his Mimi's house each week and would literally bound out of bed the morning of, so eager to get there! Some of the things he looked forward to most were watering the plants, playing his drums without worrying about neighbors, measuring/filtering bird seed, playing in the pool, going to music class every Wednesday, playing on an educational website, working in the yard with his gardening tools, taking walks to visit local "meow meows" and sweeping pine needles. Here are some special moments at Mimi's...

Riding his plasma car
Gardening
We love Starfall!
Measuring and pouring, filtering and storing bird seed.
Kyle likes to copy Mimi. So he has become a sweeping expert!
Mimi always, always capitalizes on learning experiences. Don't throw out a box, when you can act out a book with it and build schema! :)


Music class. Daddy got to visit once, too!
Hoola hooping
Singing
Playing the drums
Back at Mimi's with his own hoola hoops


Kyle can't get enough of spraying this hose!
Cuddling with books before nap time
And lots and lots of snuggles!
Thank you, Mimi, for helping us SO much and for giving Kyle an opportunity of a lifetime... the chance to be with you! Kyle is absolutely, undeniably, crazy in love with his Mimi. :)

We couldn't have made it without your help! :

No comments:

Post a Comment