YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are praising God right now for a successful surgery that removed a super thick septum! This was the best-case-scenario we were wishing we had back when we were told I had a bicornuate. We'd think, "If only it was a septum!" Even all the way up to the surgery, we knew there was a very real possibility that it wouldn't be. We are beyond grateful for our specialist who just before sending us home to try again with a "bicornuate," decided he'd like to take a look himself. While looking, he spotted a slight detail that indicated a possibility for a septum. Then he ordered a second opinion on the MRI scan and sure enough, the possibility was enough to warrant exploratory surgery. During surgery, he confirmed that the septum was very thick (one of the reasons it appeared to be a bicornuate) and took that sucker out!!!!!! His precaution and thoroughness surely saved another heartbreak. We can't thank him, and God enough!!
I'm still amazed, even as I type this, that we finally have this behind us. That it's really, truly gone! And we are continually amazed that we have Kyle. We were surprised to find out that my anesthesiologist had had this same procedure done. She made the comment that after surgery, we'd be able to try to start a family. When we told her we already had one child, she was shocked speechless! Seriously. I knew successful septum pregnancies were rare, and considering how thick mine was (I like that word WAS!), it's even more amazing to know he made it to 37 weeks! :)
Recovery time off work will be just over 2 weeks. I am feeling super drugged and tired and my incision sites are highly sensitive and painful, but I am well! Because the septum was so thick and because we want scarring to be as minimal as possible (so a future baby would have as hospitable of a home as possible), I have an air-filled balloon in my uterus holding the sides away from each other to keep them from joining together. I will go back in next week to have this removed. So for now, I've got some lovely paraphernalia sticking out of me!
We are praying now that the scarring inside my uterus would be minimal and that a future baby would try to implant somewhere, anywhere else!!!!! :) And in case anyone is wondering... though we'd love to start trying soon, we want to let my uterus completely heal and so we won't be going down that road for some time. But oh, how excited we will be for that day to come!!
Thank you for your prayers! Thank you for all your support, calls and emails! ;)
And now for some sleep! :)
Rest well! What great news - we're praising the Lord with you!!! Take care of yourself. Love you!
ReplyDeleteSending all of you love and blessings!
ReplyDeleteVicki
That's so great! We're so glad that the surgery was successful, and you can try again! Relax, rest, and please let us know if you need anything!
ReplyDelete