It took me a few days to be able to sit up, but by the end of the weekend (and with the help of medication), I was able to move about pretty well with minimal pain. That is, until I started being up and about too much, and have since landed myself right back in bed with very specific pain that tells me I must take it slower. Sigh! It would be a whole lot easier "taking it easy" if a certain 2 year old didn't want only Mommy! I'm thinking my next surgery will find me recovering on some tropical island with a personal attendant! Because THAT would be taking it easy! If only, huh? :)
On Friday, Kyle woke up from a nap with a fever. Here he is laying with me, just miserable. The next morning, he was up and about like nothing had ever happened. A picture of us both recovering... :)

Kyle has enjoyed several adventures over this past week, and when the activity meant I could sit and watch, I've joined in on the fun, too. We've had a tailgating party at the Back Bay and a beach trip where Kyle caught his first fish off the pier. :) Go, Kyle!

We've also had several generous friends bring us meals and offer to help out in different ways. We love our friends!! And I'm super thankful for Rudy's unique schedule this fall that's enabled him to be home with Kyle, entertaining him in so many fun, creative ways. Having Rudy and our friends and family have definitely made this a doable experience!

No comments:
Post a Comment