Having the surgery done and having had the kind of result we wanted, significantly helps our healing. I realized when I woke up to the good news, that September 14th was the first day I experienced a genuine step forward. Being able to do something means everything to us.
I was feeling a huge desire to visit Jonathan's grave to "tell him" the good news, that we fought back and got the tissue that took his life. And I wanted to apologize. All along, I had this feeling that Jonathan's marker would come around the time of my surgery because it was due to arrive at the cemetery around the end of October and my surgery date was supposed to be October 20th. I also thought it would just be good timing, emotionally speaking. As we drove up today, I was mentioning to Rudy that the timing of his marker and our surgery date would have been so nice had they coincided. Though it was a long shot, I still hoped.
And there it was... over a month early... sitting there looking so beautiful, was our son's marker. I called to find out when exactly it had been placed, and was told it was on September 14th, the day of my surgery.
It was like a gift from heaven, from Jonathan, saying, "I see you, I'm with you." And for the first time looking at our son's grave, we cried happy tears.
Thank you, God, for however you pulled that off, knowing how much it would mean to us.



The marker and the sentiment are beautiful, and what a wonderful choice of Scripture. I'm glad about God's special timing! Love you!
ReplyDelete