We would never have thought to try so soon, but after Kyle gave us several signs showing he was ready, including constantly saying, "No diaper!!!" we decided to give it a try during our spring breaks. After a few days, Kyle pretty much had it down. Today, we ventured out of the house to run errands in his little, cotton underwear (the same underwear he had worn all day, including his 2 hr nap) and came home dry, having gone to the bathroom in a big (scary) public restroom!! My heart melted as I watched my little boy conquer his fear.
He's able to tell us when he needs to go and can hold it until we get to a potty. So there's very little guessing, repeated attempts, or coaxing to get the job done. It isn't a big production, for which I'm thankful! ;) While he sleeps we have him in a diaper but he's showing us that maybe even that's not necessary. He wakes up dry and even wakes us up in the middle of the night to go potty. It's been amazing to watch his progress and learning each day as it gets easier and easier ... and he's looking much older, too. We are so proud of our big boy!!!! And can I just say? Big boy underwear is just about the cutest thing I've ever seen! He runs around so proud. I have some great pictures, but I draw the line in posting pictures of my child in his underwear. So you'll just have to imagine the smallest briefs you've ever seen covered in cars, trains or superhero figures and my little boy's tiny waist, tiny bottom, and quick little legs flying all around the house! :)
And for the sake of documenting ... we also have an EATER in the house!!!!!!!!! YESSSSSS!

Yea Kyle!!! I'm so happy for you guys. With all the struggles you've had in your lives with Kyle I'm so glad this has gone well and hope it continues to go well for you. I'm not even starting with Micah till this summer. And yes, big boy underware is so cute on our little guys!
ReplyDelete