I know it's pretty lame to write a post about the weather, especially when that weather is rain. But here in SoCal, that's all the weather we have. And we've had some crazy rain for southern California ... 5 days solid and 3 more heavier days predicted yet. Where are we? I can't remember 8 days of rain since I was in high school and even then it only happened once. I'm not complaining though. I love the rain. Since it happens so infrequently, it's something of a novelty. However, keeping Kyle indoors for 5 days so far? Yikes. We're getting a bit stir crazy. :) Luckily Ru is home with us and, being the brains of our imaginative operation, has come up with super creative ways to play. Some of our favorites have been the mazes, indoor fishing expeditions, art shows, and puddle jumping. And now I'm beginning to see what my friends who deal with actual weather are going through right about now. What happened to the days of curling up in a blanket with some hot cocoa and a good book?
We're glad GG will be coming for a visit tomorrow (Tuesday) to add some new fun to our routine. Then, what in the world do we do on Wednesday? :) Poor Shmu, no more parks for a while. The day it's supposed to finally clear up we'll be headed to genuine winter weather in Chicago. We are super excited!! We know it will be cold, but we're looking forward to a real (hopefully white) Christmas.
Some pictures of our recent days:
Shmu had quite the getup as we pieced together everything we could find to play in the rain.



Kyle cracking up while watching Ru and I play ping pong on our coffee table. Then, Ru teaches K how to spin his paddle.
Good thing we found this race track recently at a garage sale. Yay for a $1 distraction! :)
Lots of indoor projects. Kyle loves to study what we do, especially if Papa is the teacher.
A trip to Chuck-E-Cheese. Kyle looking a bit overwhelmed by all the lights and noise.
Riding a baby "roller coaster."

Then back to our place for some "Baby Signing Time" with dinner and ice-cream.



No comments:
Post a Comment