A couple months ago I had mentioned to a few of my mommy friends how much fun it would be to get just ONE night off and actually sleep!!! That thought led us to plan a fun trip to the mountains. So, this weekend 4 of us went up to Lake Arrowhead where one of my friend's family owns a second home. I think the others had done this sort of thing before but for me, it was my first night away from Kyle. Monumental, right?? :) I had actually been debating about not going because I am still nursing and he has been waking up at least a couple times a night and Rudy *claims* to not hear anything! :) However, with enough encouragement from Rudy, my sister, and friends, I took the plunge and disappeared for 24 hours!! And I'm so glad I did! Kyle and Ru had a great time together, Kyle ate (What??), and slept pretty well! Success! I, on the other hand, didn't sleep as well as I wanted to and still woke up at 5:30 and couldn't fall back asleep. Even so, it was nice to just lay there and not have to get up! Instead, I got to spend my early morning finishing a whole cup of coffee, uninterrupted, while sitting out on the balcony breathing in crisp mountain air and watching colorful leaves fall 3 stories down. It was perfect.
My friends had gone for the whole weekend, while I left Saturday morning (I couldn't bear to be away from Kyle for 2 nights without nursing him - for a couple of reasons!). Since my grandma lives at the base of the mountain, I dropped in on her before heading up. When I reached the top, I met my friends at the Village and we had lunch and shopped. And this was my lucky day!! I finally found my first pair of boots! I've looked for years and haven't found anything I liked that I could afford. So with a huge Veteran's Day sale, I got $120 boots for $40, thanks to a friend who went in on a buy one get two free deal! Woohoo!!! I couldn't resist coming home and trying on everything I own while wearing them.
Later that night we all snuggled by a fire and read, ate dinner, and watched a chick flick at the home's movie theater downstairs. The whole time I felt so giddy with excitement ... as if I was at my very first sleep over or something. Has it really been that long? Am I really THAT deprived? :) So fun. So glad I went!
Lake Arrowhead's Village

I was really excited about that fire and quality reading time.

My morning view of the lake.
Thank you Ru and Kyle, for letting me get a much needed break! And Dinker, thanks for being such a good boy for Daddy.

Sounds like fun and good for you for going away! It is always hard to leave them for the first time but both Mommy and child always survive and Mommy is more refreshed after. And I never sleep as good as I think I will either but waking up and not having to get up or hear the little voice calling for you is great.
ReplyDelete