My sister and I ran a 5k together on Thanksgiving day. We had a blast doing it and have agreed that we will definitely sign up for another run in the near future. We might try to better our 5k time and then do a 10k next! I normally do not enjoy running, but this was actually fun and pretty easy. The 3 miles came and went and before I knew it we were crossing the finish line. Now, for the first time in my life, I'd consider doing a half marathon or something. That's if my hip flexors will cooperate. Surprisingly, I made it through my sporatic training and the actual run, but today I've been hurting. I think our grand finale sprint was what did it. Without a doubt, I'm glad my sis convinced me to join her and that our family came to support us.
Here we are before the race and amped up with lots of energy!!!
The starting line. What line? Yeah, it was a mush of thousands of people.
Poor little Shmu didn't understand why his mommy was running away from him! Seeing him cheer for me was just about the cutest thing ever. I so badly wanted to stop and squeeze him!
"Yay Auntie!!"
Our nicknames... Don't ask! :)
A cheesy sister picture and the route we took along the boardwalk at the beach.
Ru's homemade "Yay Mom/Yay Auntie!" signs.
Thanks Dad, Mom, Ru and Kyle for cheering us on. It really helps!
Then, Thanksgiving dinner at my parents' house.

We are so thankful for the many, many blessings we have, and especially our little Shmu.

No comments:
Post a Comment