I'd been dreading this day for a whole year. And now that it came and went, I can actually say that it's not so bad. After beginning the day with our traditional presents table I was off to teach the K-1 class for the morning. My mom and sister came to school and I think I would have cried without my mom's help. Whew! It was a busy, busy morning with many new kids I hadn't known were coming. My sister dropped off my favorite donut (Ok, there were two but I didn't want to sound like a pig!) and left to go clean our apartment! YAY! That is exactly my kind of present! Thanks, Michelle!
After class, our family of 3 went on a bike ride to a new, favorite Philadelphia sandwich and hot dog joint. While there, a fellow Chicagoan told Rudy it was sacrilegious to claim this hotdog was better than a Chicago dog. But we think it just might be. SO GOOD!!!!!!!!! Of course, Kyle got a simplified dog while I, having seen the light, ordered "the works!" GSal would be proud. And Shmu ate almost all of his hotdog, too! :)
We finished off our bike ride with a trip to the Back Bay for play time with sticks and dirt. We have at least a dozen of these shots that tell a story, but that's another post that probably won't get written. Kyle was a crack up.
He got his stick!

Kyle loves sticks and dirt, as any boy would.
We love how intently he tries to learn from everything we do.
Then, Ru and a neighbor friend surprised me with the chance to go out for dessert while she stayed with Kyle as he slept! Such a great neighbor. I quickly changed out of comfy "we're going to be staying at home" clothes and we went to Zov's. I will definitely be going back. And soon, hopefully! :)


Gosh, this post is getting long. I'm really condensing, too. The following day, after getting a good swim workout in, two of my closest friends and I went to another favorite, Alta for breakfast. It was perfect. So nice to just sit and talk like a regular adult without having a squirmy worm-child on my lap. Thanks, friends. Then, after K's nap, my parents and sister joined us for a couple of walks. The first was around a beautiful park we just discovered within walking/bike-riding distance from our house. The second was around some lakes that led to our dinner spot. Other than it being hot (we are headed into 100+ degree temps this whole weekend and coming week!), it was just beautiful.

Feeding the ducks!

And chasing them, too.


He NEVER lets us hold his hand, so we were pleasantly surprised to get a few of these shots.


Then, for the rest of the evening, the camera stayed away so this photo journal is through! Thanks to everyone who made my b-day special with calls, cards, and gifts. You helped me ease into this decade with even a little enthusiasm! ;)

It looks and sounds like you had a wonderful day. What a great day to make the big 30 not so bad. I'll be joining you soon. =)
ReplyDelete