Friday, August 27, 2010

Our God is faithful!

I got the Kindergarten P.E. job!!!!! You should have seen my victory dance! ;) I'm in awe of how God works and just how perfectly all things have come together. A year and a half ago when I found out I'd lose my job, I panicked. I was around 20 weeks pregnant and didn't know what in the world we would do. Thoughts of health insurance and interviewing while very visibly pregnant for who knows what kind of job filled my head with tons of worry. Then, later in the day, I felt a sense of peace wash over me. I knew that God had blessed us with a child knowing full well I'd lose my job and if He thought that was ok, there must be a plan I just didn't know about. Ultimately, He knew better than I did about what I'd need or want. The day Kyle was born, my world changed and all I wanted was to stay home with him. Thanks to losing my job, I got to spend the entire first year of my son's life at home!! And now God's provided a way for me to still be a SAHM for half of the time and make enough money to cover our needs. It almost sounds too good to be true!

What's so good about it? Well, it's a 50% position, which means I'll be working Tuesday and Thursday all day (8:30 to 2:30) and Wednesday half day (8:30 to 11:30). I can still teach the K-1 class on Fridays and be home with Kyle on Mondays and all other afternoons. And?? Rudy's school schedule "just happens" to perfectly mesh with my schedule. He'll be home two mornings watching Shmu, and I'll only have to pack the boy up to go to Grammie's one day a week, So childcare is free and with family!!! (Thanks Ru and Mom!) Then, from a professional point of view, I get to keep my foot in the door and add another year to seniority and the pay scale, all the while broadening my experience as a teacher with the new subject matter and age group. And although I miss teaching and will one day be very excited to get back in the classroom, I'm not there yet. I'm still 100% enjoying being a mom and can't fathom how I will be able to be the kind of teacher I once was as well as the kind of mom I continue to strive to be, all at the same time. So, having all the benefits of being labeled (and paid) as a teacher without all the work is just perfect!! When I'm done for the day, I can just come home and be a mom. No working late in my room, no report cards, no papers to grade... just be a wife and mother! :)

I knew God had a good plan in mind... I've just been a little anxious to see what it would be! And I couldn't be more grateful for how this has all turned out.

3 comments:

  1. How wonderful! God is amazing!!! We praise Him with you! And all those details He took care of.... Terrific! Love, AJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEA! I'm so happy for you. What an awesome God we serve!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are so excited for you!!!! Praise God! He is sooo good! Love you! Lisa

    ReplyDelete