Sunday, August 8, 2010

US Open of Surfing

Huntington Beach is hosting the US Open of Surfing this week. So, Saturday morning, bright and early, before much of the crowds and traffic could get really bad, we went to watch the pro surfer heats. It was fun for Ru to see what the pros can do on waves he surfs regularly, and fun for me to watch some of the big names I've heard about for so long. It was amazing. It was also nice that the marine layer didn't burn off till noon, so it was nice and cool.

I don't know what Kyle thinks about surfing, but I do know that he's fascinated with Daddy's skateboard. He wants to ride it all the time.
Then, while Kyle napped, I got to clean the house uninterrupted! Woohoo! Yes, I was THAT excited about my clean house and the chance to get it all done at once! Speaking of exciting... my wonderful, amazing, beautiful, unselfish, thoughtful, and oh so generous cousins in LA came over to give Ru and I a date night!!!! Not only did they offer this wonderful gift, but my cousin's wife actually emailed a list of dates for us to choose from (meaning they were really serious about their offer). Love her!

My cousin Mark has an amazing camera and is a really good photographer, too. So, we asked if they could come down a little earlier in the afternoon to take some casual family/Kyle's 1 year pictures for us. Excited to post those next!

Ru and I got to use a couple of gift cards (one for dinner and another to "pay" my cousins for their babysitting) and enjoyed a quiet, nice dinner out. We tried super hard to not talk about Kyle and I'm pleased to say, we accomplished our goal! It was something very strange to order off a menu (I sound like I'm 12!) and not have to feed a little mouth beside me. I forced myself to eat slowly and enjoy every minute of it. We finished off the night by going to see Inception at the movie theater.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Mark and Lisa! Love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment