Monday, July 26, 2010

Kyle at 12 months


Mr. Kyle had his 12 month dr.'s check up appt. today. We've been to the dr.'s 3 times in the last 2 weeks, so there weren't any surprises today. Kyle is still below the 0% mark and we've been to a specialist and have an appointment with an OT to try and get him eating better. Most of the time he flat out refuses to eat anything except yogurt and when I try to sneak something nutritious in it, he refuses even that. I've been able to offer him more choices now that we've tested for allergies and come up negative. So far, he's not having much of anything but me. So, needless to say, weaning him is not exactly an option. We keep trying, I keep cooking random things and he keeps spitting it all out! (sigh) The poor little guy has had so many blood tests and is now quite familiar with the lab, that he starts crying on sight now. :( It's hard to hold him down so many times when he doesn't understand what's going on. Poor Shmu.

On a much more positive note, Kyle finally decided he'd like to sleep through the night! Sometime during the week before his birthday, he started sleeping 8 hours. Then, this past week he'd go 9 to 10 to 11 and finally, TWELVE hours! :) He goes down anywhere between 6:30 and 7:30 without a peep and we don't hear from him until the morning! HAHA!!!! Now, this has been happening for over a week, so I hope I won't be jinxing myself by writing this. Seems like the last time I did, he read the blog and decided to be a stinker just to prove who's boss. I had a friend tell me back when Kyle was 5 months old that it'd probably happen when he turned one. I was beside myself thinking that I'd be sleep deprived for another 7 months!!! Somehow we made it, and like my friend said... there was no rhyme or reason to it. He just decided one day he'd sleep. I'll take it without question, but I would like to request that #2 be a sleeper!?!?

In other 12 month news, we're absolutely loving Kyle's ever emerging personality. He's so playful and knows he's silly. He does things on purpose to get a smile or laugh from us and grins at himself. He's got such a sense of humor and really "gets" others' humor as well. Lately, he has been all smiles and baby talk. He's still constantly moving, but he's been more and more affectionate as well. I do get a few seconds of cuddle time when he wakes up from a nap and both Ru and I get lots of Kyle love in the morning when I bring him in bed with us. He puts his head down on Ru for a few seconds and then switches to lay on me. Then he goes back to Ru and back to me, over and over.

Here are some things we want to remember about our son's 12th month...
Stats:
Weight - 16lbs 6 oz
Height - 29 in

Favorites:
  • Mommy (this is nice and sometimes not so nice!)
  • Walking around and around the house while carrying things
  • opening and closing doors over and over again
  • the park (climbing and sliding)
  • water
  • playing games with us (peek-a-boo, pat-a-cake, hide-n-seek, etc.)
  • pulling things out one by one and tossing them over his head or flinging them out of the way
  • anything electronic
  • dogs
  • books
The latest:
  • talking and smiling nonstop with people he knows and is comfortable with
  • walking so fast and so well, he's just about running!
  • sleeping SO WELL! Hooray!!
  • seeing specialists for weight gain concerns
  • dancing to music
Happy 12 months, Kyle! SO glad you've decided to sleep!!

No comments:

Post a Comment