Friday, July 31, 2009

The Nursery

With the help of my parents this week, we've finally finished our last major project in Shmu's nursery. I have yet to make clay footprints and handprints for Kyle's little shelf, but that will come, hopefully next week while his hands are so tiny! :)

Over the course of the pregnancy I've enjoyed cleaning, organizing and emptying our office space in preparation for our Shmu. Little by little, the room started coming together. Our most memorable projects are painting, getting new carpet and having to move everything out, and setting up the crib. The last project that I've been especially excited about involved knowing who little Shmu would be. Would Shmu be a "he" or a "she?" Once we knew the name, we tackled the final project. Thanks mom and dad for running the errands and for sanding, painting and placing letters on the wall. For being done on a budget, I love how Kyle's room turned out and from the stares Kyle gives, I think he does, too!








2 comments:

  1. Soooooo cute! I love it all! It pops with color and interest, and looks inviting to adults as well as to Kyle. Good job! And knowing you, it will stay looking that neat most of the time!

    You will love spending time in Kyle's room. You and Rudy have done a wonderful job!

    Love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go R & M! Kyle Dakota, I love your name in the squiggly letters up on the wall and the cheerful, peaceful, relaxing look and feel of your room. Such a great place to start your new life. May all your fun and dreams in there be sweetly blessed. XOXO GG

    ReplyDelete