Friday, July 17, 2009

NST done!

I'm home! :) The nurse said that if we didn't get the results we wanted, I'd be sent to labor and delivery. I'm very happy to report that Shmu performed well for us and we got what we needed. It was fun to be able to listen to the baby's heart beat for about 20 minutes. It sounded like galloping horses. For a while we weren't getting enough movements from Shmu, or rather, the heartbeat wasn't accelerating fast enough for a long enough period of time. We were given cold water to drink to encourage the baby, but knowing our Shmu well enough, Rudy took matters into his own hands. First, he spoke to the baby and instantly, we had an acceleration! It was really cool! Then, Ru started picking and poking at Shmu. That got our little one moving pretty well. We haven't quite figured out if Shmu likes "playing" with daddy or if it is annoyed by it all, but dad likes getting a reaction and so far, what can Shmu really do about it after all? :)

After the NST, we had an ultrasound to check my amniotic fluid level. I've always been a bit dehydrated, so I was curious to see what it'd be. Fortunately, all was normal and well. We made an appointment for results/another NST for Monday afternoon (so Ru could come again) and we were on our way.

Ru's taking his weekly exam for his neuroanatomy class and then we're off to the clinic for a more detailed ultrasound and growth scan. Thanks for checking in and for the phone calls/prayers!

2 comments:

  1. I'm here for anything!!! I love being able to keep udated on your blog! You and Rudy are awesome parents already =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good news! aj (for Auntie Jan -- you may know a hundred Jan's. The earlier comment was from me, too)

    ReplyDelete