


During the second to last week of school my colleagues threw a surprise shower for me and another colleague who is pregnant just 5 days ahead of me. It was a lot of fun being pregnant with someone at work. We often had things to talk about and enjoyed swapping stories.I just got these pictures sent to me, so thought I'd post a few. We were blessed with some great items both on and off our registry. One of my favorites was a gift certificate to Barnes N' Nobles from the kindergarten team. I love working with teachers who know just how much other teachers appreciate such a gift! :) Between my mother and I, and the local library, I don't think Shmu will be deprived of books!
Just like in the first shower, getting gifts for my baby is just a whole new and exciting experience. I can't count the number of baby showers I've attended and I've cared very much for the babies being born, but this is just completely different and a bit surreal. Each new item we get only increases our excitement and the reality of it all! :)

Ah, yes! When the shower is finally for you and your baby, it is very special, indeed! Every gift is someone's way of saying they love you and care about your baby. It's humbling and exciting at the same time.
ReplyDeleteThere will never be another time like this. Enjoy!
Love,
Mom