Happy Saturday morning! It's my favorite... no obligations or responsibilities except enjoy the morning with the family. :) It's these nice, sunny mornings that I get to appreciate so many beautiful views. Currently, in house news, I've been playing with furniture placement around the house and Ru is in the middle of a roof/fascia project out back.
We have 2 long rectangles on either side of the fireplace and we have to be careful the room doesn't appear to be a bowling alley. Having the couch scooted far off the wall, for the piano, helped considerably. The plan is still to buy a different couch, in an L shape, so you can face the fireplace and also face the T.V. mounted up on the side wall. I also wanted a full 360 degree of possibly seating areas. In this first scenario, we need a longer, different colored rug plus the L-shaped couch and a new, more modern coffee table.
In scenario #2, we still need the L-shaped couch, but the rug fits the space better here and I do like being able to see the piano more. The open space is really fun.
Still looks slightly crowded when I take the picture farther away.
But up close, the space appears more open.
In order to accommodate my Grandma's favorite piece of furniture, her sewing machine, I moved my cedar chest to the side wall where I think it fits better. (This came from my late Grandmother, I got this when I was 16 and had no idea how I would eventually use it. Now I do. ;) The bench that used to be there is now at the foot of the bed.
This piece fits under the window much better and the curtains can more easily close.
Outside, Ru is currently taking off an entire side of fascia to replace it. Can you spy him?

While he's hard at work, I'm getting ready to head to my friend's wedding rehearsal! It's a beautiful weekend in beautiful San Diego! Have a great weekend, everyone!












I love it. Simple yet beautiful. Can you come and decorate my house for me? I'm finding it rather difficult!
ReplyDelete