Sunday, January 29, 2017

A Big Boy Bed for Gavin

 I don't have a before pic of Gavin's set up but he was in a white toddler bed on the other side of the room. After getting Kyle this bunk bed, I'd been thinking of how I could consolidate space, give Gavin a big boy bed, and somehow have the boys stacked top/bottom. We loved the desk and dresser for Kyle underneath his bunk bed, but we had originally wanted a true bunk bed. However, since it was passed down from my brother, we could hardly argue with the price! So, when I stumbled upon this lower twin at our local Habitat for Humanity Restore, I was anxious to get home and tell Rudy. It seemed as though the pieces would fit together and even look like it was meant to be. We had to flip both the desk and dresser to point outwards, but it worked! For just $50, Gavin got his big boy bed, we conserved space, and the boys are thoroughly enjoying their new beds. For now, Gavin enjoys facing towards Kyle so the two can look at each other :)
 Wow...we have all big beds in this house.
 Kyle loves being on top and with these nicely vaulted ceilings, he doesn't feel cramped at all.
 Kyle's private, separate space. Surprisingly, now that it faces out, he uses it a whole lot more.
Gavin still has his desk, too.
 If we owned this house, we'd do a whole lot more here, but this is functional and it's working. :)

The boys love it and enjoy being together in their "new" beds! Oh, and they each got to pick out their new sheets...planes for Kyle and dump trucks for Gavin, and in their favorite colors, too.
 :)

1 comment:

  1. That looks awesome! Great job on arrangement, love it. Also love the K and G pillows, cute idea.

    ReplyDelete