Rudy celebrated another birthday yesterday. The boys were so excited to decorate the house and sing to their daddy. Kyle made these headbands for us.
Waving good-bye to Daddy as he left for work.We "surprised" Rudy at work with some real, authentic deep dish Chicago pizza from this place... a new patient of Rudy's had recommended it as being the only deep dish pizza in SoCal worthy of being called "Chicago deep dish." This patient had walked in and within a few seconds they each recognized the other was from Chicago. (I love that! :) After the guy had recommended this place and Rudy hadn't immediately gone to check it out, the patient "was personally offended!" and so we just had to see if this was the real deal...
We picked up some balloons and all of us wore our Bears shirts in honor of the deep dish/Chicago/Daddy's birthday.
Surprise!!! Happy Birthday!!!!!
Daddy's work is just so much fun!
And the verdict? It was AMAZING!!!!!!! True, Chicago pizza and the only place in SoCal worthy of the comparison. The owner of the Italian place invited us to come back to watch any of the Chicago sports teams play, saying that the house is full of Chicago spirit. We will definitely be visiting that place again and again. :)
Later that night, Ru thought we were just going to have a quiet night at home, but I had invited the family over for dinner and dessert. They also loved the deep dish.
Happy 35th, Rudy!!Later today, Michelle is coming over so I can take Ru out. She's even coming earlier in the afternoon so we can see daylight alone together. We've got the whole night!! Woot woot! And then ... another special surprise I will have to blog about later, just in case he reads this before it happens. :)

Happy Birthday, Rudy! Looks like fun and more fun to come...enjoy!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday, Rudy! Looks like a great celebration!! Have a great year ahead!!
ReplyDeleteI've just finished reading about 5 months of blogs. Got behind there a bit. Such fun! I won't comment on each, but I'm so glad God is blessing you with many special times together as a family. I love all the pictures, and your descriptions are great, Mindy! Keep up all the creative parenting, Rudy! Love to all!