Well, it took me a month to finish posting about our Christmas trip. Yikes. Anyhow, we were excited to visit our nephew, Ethan. Rudy hadn't met him yet and the rest of us hadn't seen him since he was a month old, back in June. It was great to sneak in a visit right before we left. At the time of our visit, he was our only nephew there. However, just last week we celebrated the birth of our second nephew, Elliot Martin Cole. :) Baby Elliot turns one week old tomorrow and we're just dying to meet him, too!
Back to Ethan... he seemed so happy to see us! :)
The boys were super cute with him and seemed to really enjoy having a cousin.Allison is all smiles for this guy. It's so sweet to see my brother and sister so madly in love with their son.
And that wraps up Chicago. It was a great trip, we saw lots of family and friends, and we're thankful we were able to make it work out as well as it did. We bought our return tickets just to be sure we'd get home when we needed to, so that was a breeze. Good memories!
(A little disclaimer...I realize I use the term "Chicago" loosely. Though Rudy was born in the city and his sister lives there, we spend the majority of our time in the suburbs. So, I know my Chicago generalization may be annoying. I can relate because while I technically live in a suburb of the general LA area... I would never consider myself from LA and people visiting me would hear from me if they said they were going to "Los Angeles" to visit me. :) So, just in case anyone is annoyed...I apologize. We just love Chicago so much, can't help it!)





No comments:
Post a Comment