Kyle's big day arrived! Both he and I have transferred to my childhood elementary school which is the school I was teaching at when I was pregnant with Kyle. We've come full circle...my mom taught at this school and brought me over to join her and now I'm teaching at the same school bringing my own son with me. It's very special to teach and have a child at a school with such dedicated teachers. There's a strong sense of camaraderie with the staff and we all look out for our little ones. Kyle's teacher has 5 of our colleagues' children and I have 4 teacher's kids, too. Love our school family!
Early in the morning, Kyle was up and dressed with an eager spring to his step.
Gavie wanted to join in on the fun and proudly posed next to Brother.Over in my classroom before school started, I could hardly contain myself. Kyle's cheeks got lots of kisses!
My mom really wanted to come and my sister had the day off (randomly!) so Kyle had a big support group to walk him over to his room. His class actually invited the families to join in the room for the first half hour. So, while I headed over to meet my students, I was comforted to know that he had family with him. ;)
Then, it was time to walk him over... I've always, ALWAYS just died over seeing little kids with their big 'ol back packs going to school for the first time. And now, I have one of those... ;)
Kyle chose, again, to pick out flowers for his teacher. He's such a sweetheart.
Kyle and Mrs. C. She's mommy's friend and will take great care of him!
One more BIG hug before I left. Kyle was so brave and very excited to go to school. No tears!
Auntie was last to leave but was able to come back and pick him up from school!
They walked to the park and after my class had left, came back to my room to recount the adventures of the day. (Snack time was his favorite.) Here he is all tuckered out!
We are in the process of seeing whether or not Kyle will be in our school's Transitional Kinder class (like pre-K). In general, it is advantageous to have your boy be one of the oldest in the class and not the other way around. Though Kyle is ready in many ways, we have some strong reasons to consider this other placement for him. We'll see what doors open up within the next couple of weeks as we follow school regulations and the formality of "the process."

So precious! It is just crazy how fast they grow up. Gavin looks as ready as Kyle does heading off for Kindergarten. As does Levi. No leaving those little brothers out. Gotta love brother love! I hope that it is going well for Kyle and that he has a wonderful year.
ReplyDelete