I'm officially on summer break! Woo hoo! And that means, I'm going to try to do better at this journaling/blogging thing. Try is the operative word. :)
So here goes... About a month ago I decided to try my hand at giving Gav his first trim. He had a few adorable curls in the back that I just couldn't bear to clip away. But when the rest of the hair started to look a little scraggly and uneven and Rudy was asking me to cut it, I gave in. It seemed silly to take him in for a cut, but boy did I underestimate just how hard it would be to keep Gavin still. I had the brilliant idea (or so I initially thought) to let him watch a song he's enamored with while I snipped away. If you've ever seen Gavin dance to it, you'll know why that idea backfired. Gavie was bouncin' and rockin' away the entire time while I was trying so hard to cut the hair and not him! In the end, he got a decent, respectable new do.
The Before:
The After:Not perfect, but good enough... :)
It may just be me, but I see Gavin's Uncle Randy in these two photos. It's got something to do with the eyes and expression. Although, the bags under them are all mine... courtesy of Great Grandma Thune. :)
Turns out, we didn't have to say good-bye to the curl for long. There's a lot more movement showing with each passing day.






No comments:
Post a Comment